Thursday, February 10, 2011

My First Interview

As of last week, I'm officially finished with the OAT. I didn't do as well as I hoped. I was scoring fantastic and felt prepared from the practice tests that I had, however, when the time came, I didn't perform up to my expectations. As I left, I was a little down and out, but I called NOVA to advise them of my scores. NOVA had wanted me to let them know asap when I took the test. Needless to say, I was offered an interview!!!!! I was SO excited. I have worked hard for for a very long time to get to this point in my "career". I have scheduled the interview for Feb 25th and will be flying down (first time in a commercial plane) the day before. Right now, I'm preparing for my interview and getting ahead in my classes so that I can take a couple of days off from school to attend the interview. My favorite part of the entire process was calling Brit to tell her. I acted like I had not done so great and then I blurted out that I had got an interview. She was so giddy that it made me smile all day. It was great to hear that from her. She's been here for me this entire process and she's been my rock and the reason that I have made it this far!

Other than that, I have got to relax this past week. Oh, how I miss those days! I have been able to spend some time with Brit and Kam and get back to being "nice". What do I mean by that? I've been kind of grumpy since the new semester started and I was studying for the OAT. I haven't really got a chance to breath, but I'm back to normal. I'm pretty good at pressure and prioritizing but this break was well deserved.

Brit and I enjoying a nice time out of the house!

1 comment: