Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Nova Southeastern University

I've been to two interviews so far and have been asked to attend many more (WesternU, PUCO, SCO), however, I only went to two. The first I went to was NSU and LOVED IT! The only negative thing about the school is the cost of living in the area, therefore I attended the UIW interview in San Antonio (cost of living is SUPER cheap). After visiting UIW, I knew that my choice would be NSU. I can't believe that I can actually say that I will be in Optometry school next year! EXCITING! I have worked very hard for this and I still have a little bit of work ahead of me (I must take an Anatomy and Physiology course over the summer). It's an exciting time and I can't wait to move down to Fl. I have also applied for the HPSP scholarship with the NAVY. I'm still awaiting to hear back if I am accepted into that. Other than that, it's the end of the semester and I'm playing catch up in many classes as many deadlines are approaching, but it's so hard to focus after finding out that a new chapter will soon be starting in my life.

5 comments:

  1. Nice blog! :)

    Congrats on getting into NOVA! :D I interviewed there too and got in, but in the end, I have decided that I want to go to NECO despite the cold weather...haha (And this is coming from someone who has lived in CA her whole life. lol)

    Anyway, I just wanted to ask you...when did you apply for HPSP with the Navy? And have you heard back from them by now? Thanks! I'm in the process of applying right now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The process is FOREVER! I applied about a month ago and then had to meet with someone today to go over your entire life. I had my physical/etc done about a month ago as well. They told me I should know something within the next month though!

    NECO is a good school, but I only applied to warm weather cities. LOL. I didn't want to deal with any more cold winters. This past winter sucked!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow...I just applied. XD Guess all I have to do now is do my physical and then wait some more? :P

    And did they really go over your entire life? lol! Sounds like you might as well just write a book. XD

    Yeah, I kind of don't want to leave CA just because of the weather. But I liked Boston! At least, it's only going to be for 4 years and not for the rest of my life. haha

    Well good luck with the Navy. Hope you get in! :) You should blog about the process when you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely will blog about that as well. I'm still getting emails every few days of additional things that they need. They did go over EVERY aspect of my life. Then they meet with you and go over it again face-to-face. They asked me to explain every traffic ticket that I've ever gotten. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete